Brexit

Interesting times ahead. When I went to bed last night, Remain was ahead. Imagine my surprise when I got up this a.m. As someone who does not entirely grok the vagaries of the English government or the European Union, I can only say that I'm not too terribly surprised. If the EU leadership is anywhere half as corrupt and incompetently tone-deaf as the Americans, it makes perfect sense for a considerable portion of the population to want out of it.

And from what I do understand, it is definitely a "no taxation without representation" kind of thing with EU taxes being mandated on British citizens without them ever having a say in the matter. That sounds vaguely familiar for some reason...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paladin Thoughts

Earthfall, Plot Outline

Capaldi Leaving Who