American Gods

So, finally caught up with the show - was two episodes behind - and man, the Vulcan episode really irritated me because of how heavy handed it was with regards to their (Hollywood) politics. I've read the book (just finished re-reading it the other day, actually) and there is no equivalent scene whatsoever in the book. I mean, "Mexican Jesus murdered by Americans upon illegally crossing the border?" Vulcan's nonsensical "each time there's a shoot-out in a theater, it's a prayer" bullshit? I thought the whole Mr. Nancy (Anasasi) rant about the tribulations of blacks earlier this season was already wildly OOC, but ugh ...

I'm enjoying the show but every time they pull this kind of left-wing political bullshit, I have to fight the urge to just give up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paladin Thoughts

Earthfall, Plot Outline

Capaldi Leaving Who